But first let's catch you up on a big happening that took place in the Chowning household awhile back. We celebrated Halloween. For those of you who know me well, I'll give you a second to catch your breath...
Now, many of you love Halloween. But I am not one of those people. I turn into a Halloween Scrooge, in fact. I don't get the mixture of dressing up and visiting people's houses to ask for candy. But with the support of my Halloween-loving husband and Amanda's godparents, I found some Halloween spirit this year. At a consignment sale a few months back, I surprised myself by coming home with a bumblebee outfit for Amanda. I knew my bubbly, very social little girl would likely love Halloween and who was I to not allow her that?
So, Amanda's verdict is that Halloween is the best thing ever. She paraded all around the neighborhood with her little bumblebee self and said hello to literally everyone she passed. Often she would point at someone else walking the streets and point to them saying, "friend!" I have to admit she turned this Scrooge into at least a smiling Scrooge. Truth? She totally warmed my heart. The only bad part about Halloween for Amanda was that it had to end. Please help me in the years to come.
A sincere thank you to our friends the Walkers who came over with their daughter (and Amanda's most favorite friend) Isabel for some pre-Halloween playtime and to Amanda's godparents who knew that I needed some support (but were kind enough to never come out and say so) and who passed out candy for us when we were out and about with Amanda.
By the end of the night, Jeff and I were actually considering what we could dress up as next year. What has happened to me?
Without further ado, I give you highlights...
No comments:
Post a Comment